How much does it cost?
Please select "Residence Meal Plan" and "Housing Style and Costs" in the menu to calculate your room and board cost combination. Your room includes full use of a residence room, furniture (as listed below), internet access and telephone hook-up.
Do I get phone service in my room?
Yes. With the TWU Phone System, each room is provided with a phone number and voicemail, already activated for local service when you arrive. Students need to supply their own phone.
Long distance plan information is available on the telecom website at http://www.twu.ca/telecom
Who will be my roommate?
Rooms are based on double occupancy, therefore you will likely have a roommate. Every effort is taken to match students with a compatible roommate, according to the information provided on the Housing Application. Therefore, it is in your best interest to complete the Housing Application as honestly and accurately as possible. Mutual roommate requests are usually granted if they are mentioned on the Housing Application, or submitted in writing to the Housing office at least one month prior to the semester.
Where will I live?
When you register, your registration package will contain the keys to your new "home away from home." Room assignments are not available until registration. Last minute room shifting is inevitable, which makes it difficult to promise rooms to students prior to registration.
Rooms are assigned according to the space available, and the date the Housing Application and Dorm Deposit are received. Specific room requests are accommodated if possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
What furnishings are supplied in my room?
Every student is provided with:
- Desk Chair
- Single bed
- Single "Twin" standard length mattress
- Computer network connections are available for each student.
What do I need to bring?
The following lists will be helpful in preparing to live in TWU housing:
"Must bring" item checklist:
- Bedding (twin size sheets, blankets/comforter, pillow)
- Towels and washcloths
- Personal toiletries (you may want a carry-case to hold such items) Soap, laundry soap, and other cleaning supplies
"Should bring" item checklist:
- Staples or small pins for hanging pictures/posters (tape & "plastitak" are not allowed)
- Hangers for the closet
- Iron (ironing boards are supplied)
- Telephone (Each room has one outlet, so only one phone is required per room.)
- Bike, rollerblades, tennis racket, etc. (You don't want to study ALL the time!)
"Leave at home" item checklist:
- Furniture (all furnitue is supplied)
- Appliances (fridges, microwaves, toasters, hot-plates, etc. are not allowed in bedrooms)
- Halogen lamps and Christmas lights.
- Racially offensive and/or sexually explicit posters/flags/apparel
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, or paraphernalia, advertising, or apparel portraying such items.
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, candles, burning incense, etc.
- Street signs, advertisements, or any other stolen public property
As responsible members of the TWU residence community, students are advised to obtain personal insurance against personal property losses. It may be possible for some students to obtain coverage through a rider on their family tenant or homeowner insurance policy. All students are reminded that Trinity Western University will not be liable directly or indirectly, for loss or theft of student personal property of any kind including, but not be limited to, damages from fire, water or other causes.
What other amenities are available?
- Coin Laundromats are available in your building ($1.25 per load of wash, $1.25 to dry)
- Study areas and lounges in every dorm
- Storage areas are available for various items, including boxes and luggage. Secured bicycle storage is available as well, since fire regulations do not permit bikes in any residence halls.
- A refrigerator and microwave are easily accessible in every residence hall.