Did You Know?
12 TWU FAST FACTS
Fast fact #1
Through TWU travel study programs, students study a variety of disciplines in locations worldwide including nursing in Zambia, human kinetics in Australia, geography in Kenya, communications in Guatemala, biology in Hawaii, and art, music and theatre in London, England.
Fast fact #2
Trinity Western University is the only university to receive an A+ for quality of education in The Globe and Mail University Report Card in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
Fast fact #3
Student internships at TWU's Laurentian Leadership Centre in Ottawa have included:
• the Foreign Embassies for Germany, Korea, Panama and the Republic of Switzerland;
• the offices of the Hon. Stephen Harper, the Hon. Vic Toews (MP, Minister of Justice) and Peter MacKay (MP, Minister of Foreign Affairs)
• Amnesty International;
• the Office of the Auditor General;
• the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade;
• the Canadian International Development Agency;
• the Canadian Institutes for Health Research;
• the National Arts Centre;
• the Canadian Medical Association;
Fast fact #4
Trinity Western is the home of North America's leading research institute for the Dead Sea Scrolls. Institute co-founder and TWU professor, Dr. Peter Flint, was awarded a Canada Research Chair for Dead Sea Scrolls research.
Fast fact #5
Trinity Western students and staff bring compassion to the streets of Vancouver's downtown eastside, providing breakfast, bagged lunches and hot chocolate, organizing social activities, and providing support and counseling.
Fast fact #6
Trinity Western University delivers 42 undergraduate and 16 graduate programs to 4000 students from over 30 countries and every continent except Antarctica.
Fast fact #7
TWU is on Salt Spring Island. Since 2000, professors and students have been conducting valuable scientific research at TWU's 73 acre Crow's Nest Ecological Research Area on Salt Spring Island, BC.
Fast fact #8
TWU produces great teachers. Our School of Education graduates are successful and award winning in the public and private school systems. Our students are part of teaching ministries in locations world-wide, from Chicago, Illinois to remote mountain villages in the Dominican Republic.
Fast fact #9
TWU's School of Business MBA program offers two unique specializations: Management of the Growing Enterprise and Non-Profit and Charitable Organization Management.
Fast fact #10
Trinity Western is in the US. The TWU Bellingham extension campus offers Bachelors degrees in Psychology, Social Sciences, and Leadership tailored to adult students working around professional or family commitments.
Fast fact #11
Mars Hill, the TWU student newspaper, is one of the best student newspapers in North America and has received numerous annual awards from the Associated Collegiate Press, College Media Advisers and the Canadian Community Newspaper Association.
Fast fact #12
A few of the many examples of TWU alumni impacting lives all over the world include:
• using business management skills to rebuild the infrastructure of a town in Mozambique;
• leading a reintegration program in Vancouver for women and children exploited by the sex trade;
• building BioSand water filters and conducting basic hygiene education in Malawi;
• rebuilding churches in the remote, war-ravaged countryside of southern Sudan;
• working through the legal system to end human trafficking in Thailand;
• using photo journalism in the Middle East to address human rights issues;
• providing leadership in a human rights organization to provide religious freedoms & rights for women & children.