Kirk Mitchell, D.PA., M.B.A., M.Sc.
Interim Program Director, M.A. Leadership; Business & Health Stream Coordinator; Marketing Coordinator
Kirk Mitchell is a certified health executive with the Canadian College of Health Services Executives. He conducts policy research on strategic issues and priorities facing the Canadian health system. He serves as a Regional Systems Surveyor for the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation. His public service work includes serving as an editorial board member for the Management Forum, the publication of the Canadian College of Health Services Executives.
Kirk has worked in health administration and planning roles for more than 25 years in the Canadian health system. His experience includes community health services, long-term care, mental health and acute care. Kirk currently works as a strategic management consultant and operates an independent consulting practice. In recent years, his consulting work has been undertaken with many diverse consultants and groups to better meet the needs of clients with more complex projects. His consulting work emphasizes assisting clients to create services that are client centered, evidence-based and outcomes focused. Recent projects include:
- Complex project management
- Governance models, development and evaluation
- Design/redesign of integrated service delivery systems
- Strategic planning
- Change & transition management
- Professional regulatory affairs, including scopes of practice
- Primary health care, including design of clinical office practices
- Quality improvement & patient safety
- Process mapping and implementing
- Accountability systems, including performance measurement & management
B.A. (Alberta); D.P.A. (Carleton); M.B.A. (York); M.Sc. (UBC)
Kirk Mitchell works in School of Graduate Studies in the departments of MA Leadership, and MA Educational Leadership.