Check out our ONE MONTH May Certificate
Welcome to TWU's TESOL Certificate Program
Prepare for a ministry or career teaching English for speakers of other languages. Acquire practical skills and theoretical training in a globally recognized, faith-based program that will equip you to teach in Canada or internationally.
Download the TWU TESOL Program print brochure.
TWU’s TESOL Program is a comprehensive university accredited program that provides a solid foundation for teaching English in our multi-lingual, multi-cultural world.
The program includes the following four core components:
- principles of teaching language
- knowledge of the English language
- cross-cultural communications
- experience in the ESOL classroom
Why take TESOL?
Educators with TESOL training are very marketable, especially in a multilingual, multicultural environment as diverse as Canada. Training in TESOL is also valuable for overseas teaching and an excellent preparation for missions and cross-cultural work.
The TWU TESOL program is designed for
- Post-degree students who have completed a bachelor's degree and would like to add a TESOL certificate
- Pre-degree students who may or may not wish to apply the credits toward a bachelor's degree
- Current students wishing to pursue a TESOL emphasis in their undergraduate program at TWU or in partnering institutions
- Current teachers in the public or private education field who wish to add a TESOL specialization
- International students or teachers who have met TWU's language requirements
Three certificate options to choose from
- TESOL Certificate (full) 26 credits
Acquire a thorough understanding of English language teaching for today's world. This certificate qualifies you for TESL Canada Standard II.
- Certificate in Fundamentals of English Language Teaching (short) 10 credits
Obtain a foundation in teaching English locally or abroad. NEW: This will be offered in May, 2013 as a complete package. Click here for info.
- Certificate in TESOL Tutoring 10 credits
Discover how tutoring can be used for work or ministry.
Take one course per semester, complete a short certificate in one semester, or finish the full certificate in just one year. All courses are offered in the evenings or on weekends.
View TESOL Certificate Options for further information.
This teacher training program is recognized by TESL Canada. Individuals with a bachelor’s degree who complete the TWU 26-credit TESOL Certificate qualify for TESL Canada Standard 2 (Interim). It is the student’s responsibility to apply for this further accreditation. TESL Canada promotes advocacy for ESL learners, unifies teachers and learners by providing a forum and network capabilities, supports the sharing of knowledge and experiences across Canada, and represents diverse needs and interests in TESL nationally and internationally. How do you apply for TESL Canada Certification?
NEW -- Follow us on Facebook
Have questions? Contact us today!